Saturday, October 3, 2009

Issaquah Salmon Days







Talk about an amazing sight--hundreds and hundreds of huge Salmon 'running' upstream to the hatchery in Issaquah. So Amazing, they hold a yearly festival to celebrate the return. Vendor booths lined Front Street, but with prices in the stratosphere, I wasn't tempted to purchase. Even scones were $6 each. ouch. I settled for a $1 bag of kettlecorn, and strolled up Front street enjoying the mass of people, and people with dogs. Tons of artwork, which I would have liked to post some photos of, but they all had signs that said "No photography", so just imagine some really great artwork of pine trees, flowers, eagles, bears, and assorted fish and you get the idea.

I did end up buying a pair of $6 hand-knit slippers from a sweet little old gray-haired lady, who invited me to come to the Kiwanas bazaar next weekend. There were 5 stages with entertainment, including a band who did a decent job of covering the Eagles and America.
The best part? I went up there on my own while Larry went to the Priesthood Broadcast, and I managed not to get lost finding my way back home. Victory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

denim