Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Literal Fruits of Summer


I love Summertime. I really love summertime in Bellevue. They know how to do a farmer's market up here. Several days a week, not just on Saturday, you can find fresh flower bouquets for $5, assorted fresh fruits and berries, jewelry, artisan breads, organic honey, homemade ice cream, sweaters, afghans, and well, you get the idea. Lots to choose from. A few weeks ago, we went for fresh asparagus and apricots, then it was raspberries, now it's Rainier Cherries. You have not lived until you've tried one. (but why stop at one?) These babies are the sweet and juicy cousin of a bing cherry. Honestly, I thought nothing could ever compare with Utah's sweet Bing Cherries. Now I know better. Rainier's give them a run for their money. I'd like to write more, but there's a bowl of cherries waiting with my name on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

denim