Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Heat Is On!

It is hot here people. No I did not borrow this forecast from Salt Lake City. This is OUR forecast. As in Seattle. What happened to the cool days and overcast skies we've all heard so much about? And Rain? Psh! It hasn't really rained here for weeks! And all the lawns are mostly dead. (see Princess Bride) And to top it all off--most homes and apartments don't have air conditioning because it. doesn't. get. hot. here. Seriously! They've got to be kidding. Last night at Midnight, our apartment was still 84 degrees. I guess it all adds to the 'Mission Experience'. Anyway, thank goodness the office has a/c or I'd be melted into a puddle. Air Conditioning. Something to be thankful for. I know I am.
*Note: It ended up setting a new record on Wednesday of 104 in Bellevue. It has been 100 today. Luckily the cold front is coming through and we're dropping doen to a chilly 85 by next week.

2 comments:

denim