Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baptism in Bellevue







Wednesday morning we were able to participate in the baptism of Kuong. She is from Cambodia and very sweet. She speaks Cambodian, Chinese, and English. She is learning how to sing hymns from the hymnbook. I never thought about learning how to sing a hymn, it's something we learn as children and take for granted. It is fun to show her how the notes match a word, and how to read the verse from beginning to end. It's all new stuff to her, but she jumped right in and started singing. Today she took my hand in church and said, "I love you Sister Wilson, and I'm going to miss you!" It was very sweet and sincere. Now if I could get her to smile for the camera...
I'm going to miss her, and many others here in the Bellevue 3rd Ward.

She asked Elder Wilson to perform the baptism, as she is deathly afraid of water, and knew he would not let her drown. Her first words to me afterwards were "Sister Wilson, I so happy!"
(in her cute Cambodian accent) She loves the ward and is already making friends. I am happy for her. The church gives us so much stablility in an unstable world. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

denim