Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Saturday in the Park










In between appointments on Saturday, we decided to go in search of a little lake our home teacher had told us about. My purpose was to scout it for fishing possibilities. I'll tell you what-they know how to do parks up here. Pine Lake Park was another example of a dream come true for me. There was a playground, swimming area with lifeguard, a launch ramp for canoes, and a fishing pier. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I think we'll go again. (I'll bring my fishing rod & gear)

oops-this photo loaded sideways...these 2 little boys were fishing their little hearts out, catching bluegill(?) and 3 inch bass (?) minnows and hanging them on a chain stringer. Honestly, they were fishing with a small hook with about 1/2" of worm and both ends of the hook showing. They just kept pulling them out of the water. I helped them unhook several, convinced them to put a couple back to grow into big fish, but they were determined to hold on to their bounty and use them for 'bait' to catch a really big fish. It was pretty cute to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

denim