Monday, May 4, 2009

Where are the guys who mow my lawn for free?

I had a man call the office today and ask why the Elders hadn't been over to mow his lawn this week. I asked which Ward area he was in, and he said, 'Well, I'm not a member of your Church, but I'd like the Elders to come over and mow my lawn!' When I asked him which Elders had been helping him out, he didn't know their names, but he had their phone number, and said their phone went straight to voice mail. I assured him I would see what I could find out and call him back. So I call the Elders who inform me that he was using them for a free lawn-mowing service, but wasn't interested in having any lessons, and he had worn out his welcome. I called him back and sweetly suggested he get in touch with the Bishop of the ward he lived in and wished him well.
This is a great job. I highly recommend it. The phone calls alone are worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I always ask the elders who come to our house if they want to weed, but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I guess those Elders didn't realize they were on a service mission.

    ReplyDelete

denim