Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Ben


Yes, April 1st is Ben's birthday. I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I had gone to my baby shower at Connie's, but didn't feel well. Got home, puked, felt even worse. Called Larry, who was helping Dave with some drywall, and said please come home. Quick. Like RIGHT NOW. I feel terrible and my back hurts. Call the OB and he says, come up to the hospital and get a antibiotic shot, worried that I had a kidney infection. Baby not due for 3 more weeks. Get up to the hospital, Dr. Rasmussen tells us "You're having a baby tonight!". At 4:09am Ben makes his entry into the world and into my arms. The most beautiful baby boy I had ever seen. 10 fingers, ten toes. Euphoria and exhaustion. Call parents, tell them the news. Call siblings who hang up on us thinking we were playing "April Fools". Thrilled to have our Ben then, thrilled to have him now. Thanks for 33 great years, Benner.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the flowers Dad. Love, Shellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the part where you had been married like 2 months when you saw a baby at church and told dad "I want one of those!" You guys didn't waste any time!
    Thanks for going to all the trouble of having us mom. We owe ya! Mackenzie says thanks too, if you would've killed me off as a teenager, she wouldn't have a mommy!

    ReplyDelete

denim