Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bumper Cars....




After nearly a year of extensive teaching on safe driving habits, this last couple of weeks the missionaries have managed to total one car, and damage 3 others. We've been blessed that nobody was hurt in any of these accidents.
Some of the excuses are: "I only took my eyes off the road for a few seconds to look at my GPS, and I hit the concrete freeway wall!" " We didn't even notice the airbags went off" "My car started hydroplaning and I couldn't steer it." "I was making a left turn and the other car didn't stop in time and hit me" "I thought I was far enough away from the concrete pole when I turned" "I was only going 90 mph when the policeman pulled me over" "I didn't think the light was red"($125 photocop ticket) "32 mph in a school zone??" ($200 photocop ticket)
Good thing we love these Elders and Sister Missionaries so much. They reply "Well, it's covered by insurance, isn't it?" To which I reply: "well, who pays for the insurance?"
In the words of Trace Adkins : "we're gonna miss this" -- and we really are. -Elder Wilson





No comments:

Post a Comment

denim